Thursday, March 26, 2009

Inspired by Spring Fever

I'm experiencing a strange creative frenzy in jewelry making which I think is partly due to the arrival of Spring. Unfortunately this frenzy has not taken over other areas of my life. For instance I have no desire to organize my condo or do some Spring "Cleaning". The jewelry I have been making has all been seasonally inspired- mostly blooming flowers and the general awakening of nature. Actually, I'm feeling extra "floral" this Spring, with my millefiori bead and czech glass flower obsession. I've even started experimenting with acrylic flowers. So far though, they haven't thrilled me as much, mainly because what I've been working with seems to lack shine and depth in color.

I'm feeling especially drawn to color, all color, as long as it's rich and vivid. My "SASS BOUQET EARRINGS" to the left are a good example of my recent color cravings- I love the hot orange beads with the cool blue of the glass flowers.

Even my latest steampunk necklace ended up with a floral Spring touch. See pic below of my latest piece: "STEAMPUNKED SPRING NECKLACE". In honor of spring, the key charm is accented with 2 tiny Czech Glass Blooms: One in Jet Black and the other in Copper glow Light Pink with a Bronze Gold Finish.


I will be listing more of my newest jewelry in my etsy shop (I just have to take all the photos!!!) so please be sure to visit regularly!

No comments:

Post a Comment