Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Picnic at the Palace

I just listed my PICNIC AT THE PALACE Chandelier Earrings in my Etsy Shop. They were inspired by my students Claire and Kiraz and their Mother-Daughter veil Dance. I loved the color combination of their silk veils- a rich teal green and a beautiful yellow.
I started out with sparkling crystal beads. The yellow beads are a lovely warm sunshine yellow and the emerald green beads have a dark rainbow sheen on one side, which makes them appear teal. As the earrings swing, the different sides of the beads display their color.

As I started putting the beads together, the colors made me remember visits to the Topkapi Palace Museum when I was little. I have been there sooooo many times. Some days the weather would be just perfect, sunny but with a cool breeze. And I used to imagine myself living in the palace, strolling through the lush gardens, and having picnics on the green grass. Oh wait... I still do that... Adding the vintage filigree pieces completed my Topkapi palace memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment